lunes, 16 de mayo de 2011

Frankie Hill




1. 20 years ago i started to admire Frankie Hill the skateboarder , and 20 years later i´m talking to you vía Facebook . So , miracle´s coming vía Social Net´s … a Little presentation about Frankie Hill , the person …

I am a skater who believs in amazing things can happen, and i live for those momments.

2. Early 80´s , as a child , what´s in your mind at that point ¿? Studying … sports … ¿?

I played soccer at age 13 and had trouble with team sports, i relied on others on the team, when i would rather rely on myself for the outcome of the game.

3. Do you remember the days just before entering as Powell Peralta Bones Brigade member ¿? So , how does it change your plans ¿?

I skated for dogtown and getting on powell made me feel like i had hit the bigtime, and the powell company was in my town.

4. Then probably you´ve got at least two different ways of living . Let´s talk about Frankie Hill the skater , and Frankie Hill the person , it´s Ok ¿?

Frankie the skater always wanted to leave a mark on the industry, no matter the cost to myself. frankie the person just wants to be proud of himself, so i believe we are one in the same

5. As skater … How is that sensation of being part of one of the most important teams around the world … The Bones Brigade .

The feeling was amazing, travelling the world with tony hawk, and lance mountain, i just wanted to do my part to fit in,it really didnt sink in to what had happened to years later truly amazing,

6. For my generation , here and there , your video parts in Propaganda and Ban This were really sick ¡ A lot of big stuff and those rails and gaps , and all of us talking about it . And you … really conscious about writing a big part about skateboarding history ¿?

I knew skating was changing fast back then,and i wanted to add what i could to skating, any place in history i get i will be very honored.

7. During all the time as pro skater , what was the best and worst it left to you ¿?

The best was being part of a team where u are resonsible for the outcome from your own actions, depending on how much effort u put in,and together the whole teams actions together equal something great,the worst is when skating became to much about what other companies wanted from me, and me trying to please them led to a desasterous outcome

8. Then , one day , comes down your knee injury , and rumors come , and you dissapear . When did you know it was over ¿? No more skating …

I knew it was over when i couldnt get the surgery, no way to skate and noway to heal myself, i couldnt go forward, everything stopped.

9. Saying good bye to your career … first of all , sad … and later ¿?

It was devastating, on second i was special, the next second i did not exsist, years later i was just disapointed i could not follow my dream,

10. As person … How is Frankie Hill ¿? Which is your life style ¿?

I work during the day making prosthetic teeth, and relax at home at night, i dont go out drinking, and on the weekends i go out and have fun skating at local school yards

11. What´s the most important values in your life ¿?

Not to lie,if people cant handle the truthor if u must lie to keep someones attention, they arent worth talking to, having self respect is the most important thing to me.

12. Who´s been a good one public person ¿?

Thats a hard question, i respect so many people each one bringing something slightly different to the table, to many to list.

13. Are you superstitious ¿?

I now believe in murphys law, everthing will be equal in the end, dont get ahead of yourself murphy will be there waiting for u.

14. 3 about music

I like old heavy metal, twisted sister, and old slayer,

15. 3 about books

I like skate mags, i dont read much

16. 3 about internet

I like the internet, a lot of information at the touch of a button.

17. Who do you believe in ¿?

I believe in my dad, mom, and myself.

18. Who don´t you believe in ¿?

I believe ultimitly in everyone, those that are lost can find there way home eventuly, hopfully,lol,

19. Give us a piece of advise …

Having patience is very important, and being happy with what u have, you dont know how much you will miss it till it is gone.

20. Ok man … Really really grateful to you . It´s been a pleasure . Any regards ¿?

I want to skate as long as i can, i never found anything else like it in my life, thank u skateboard.




1 comentario:

  1. sssssss.... a lot of memories man.... frankie hill is a living leyend y he has a real hard core skater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! propaganda video..... was a dream...

    ResponderEliminar